· Supervisor must be an example for following the Beliefs and Values of Tulip Molded Plastics Corporation.
· Safety is our overriding priority. If a hazardous situation exists then take action to remedy the hazardous situation as quickly as possible and then return to production.
· Follow and enforce all safety rules and regulations. Review work areas for safety compliance and safe work conditions. Investigate, document, and report each and all safety incidents and near misses according to policy before leaving at the end of your shift.
· When enforcing policies, procedures, attendance, or work and safety rules:
o If there is a potential violation you have witnessed, use and complete the Work and Safety Rule Infraction Form. If you did not witness and it was reported to you use the Performance Incident Report Form.
o For all investigations, secure evidence such as the part, a label, a non-conforming material report, etc. For all investigations that could lead to discipline have a steward present if requested. When issuing discipline have steward present.
· Ensure all employees are correctly wearing and using all required Personal Protective Equipment. Track PPE usage as required.
· Insure that employees understand expectations about their attendance, performance, and adherence to work instructions, working safely, and avoiding injury. Help employees who are not meeting standards to improve to 100% of minimum expectations. Use the Supervisor Training Talk and Counseling Form.
· Assign all employees to the jobs they are to perform for the shift. This to include all direct and indirect labor employees. Explain and teach employees what they need to do to perform their assigned job.
· Provide employees with the tools and paperwork required for them to perform their job correctly.
· Monitor all activities of the shift to maximize material and labor utilization. Responsible for achieving company expectations. Record and monitor all press cycle times.
· Take all phone calls / messages from any Tulip employees that are calling in to miss work. All employee calls taken must be communicated to the employee’s direct supervisor and the HR department. When reporting call in include employee, time of call, and reason for absence. Report to HR all late arrivals and early leaves.
· Communicate with Supervisor from the previous shift and review production schedule, changeover schedule, and issues from the previous shift.
· Complete all daily production paperwork and time cards for accuracy and turn in all required documents before leaving for the day.
· Ensure all employees are doing the jobs correctly and safely. This includes all operators running container presses are dielectric testing and performing the test correctly, operators are recording downtime and scrap correctly, operators are completing all required quality checks, and operators are completing their production paperwork and job cards correctly.
· Train all direct reports as to their responsibilities. Follow orientation and training guidelines. Complete required documentation on a weekly basis
· Administer performance reviews and coach all personnel to improve individual performance. This to include evaluations of new hire employees as they are being trained and prior to hire.
· Monitor box counts on all extruders.
· Participate in scrap review process and complete projects as requested.
· Work with HR on approval and coverage of employee vacations.
· Print Bill of Materials and labels as needed to support production.
· Propose and implement improvements that will reduce product cost, increase output, increase machine up time, decrease expense, and provide a better and safer work environment.
· Involve employees in investigating and solving customer, operational and safety issues.
· Responsible for general housekeeping, organization of material/equipment and product flow. This to include housekeeping project assigned by Site Manager.
· Responsible for employee behavior, morale, and the well-being of employees on the shift. Administer company rules, policies and procedures.
· Attend all Production Meetings as required by Production Manager and present production status material as requested.
· Attend all Management meetings, safety committee meetings, and all employee meetings as required by upper management.
· Follow all ISO 9001 requirements, implement changes as they are updated.
· This list of “responsibilities” may be added to or subtracted from as best meets the needs of the business.
· Monitor and conform to DWI – 1402 K1 unloading procedure
· Knowledge of Plastic Extrusion is a plus